Create clever things with us
We come to work dedicated to achieving an incredibly courageous and rewarding mission. Our products put our customers first and if they don’t, they’re not for us. We are innately curious and constantly changing. No day is the same, no challenge the same.
We bring in people who drive us to think differently, stretch imaginations and grow.
We operate with honesty to each other and our customers.
We listen and share knowledge, information, and experience to all who can benefit.
We deliver quality through competence and efficiency.
We acknowledge the expertise, role and value each team member brings.
Work life balance
We like to work from home.
Unlimited drinks and snacks
Like to snack? Well, you’re in good company.
Discounted Gym Memberships
To burn off all those snacks.
Training and Development
We invest in people and their careers.
Forward thinking office
We think our pad is pretty cool.
Sometimes lunch is on us!
Current Job Openings
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating, communicating, and managing our technical knowledge library. In this role, you will create technical documentation, including user documentation, such as how-to guides, integration guides, operation guides, product specifications, and tutorials; and internal developer documentation, including technical manuals, code diagrams, and API references. You will work closely with other technical experts, such as platform architects, analysts, software developers, and project managers, to ensure that the information they provide is accurate and easy to understand.
• Collaborate with our subject matter experts to develop a deep understanding of our products and services and extract and translate knowledge held
by individuals into documented common resources
• Develop a suite of document and information architecture templates to standardise the presentation of information
• Develop and maintain our language style guide to achieve consistency of language use and interpretation
• Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, that sets our users up for success
• Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
• Develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
• Design and develop learning materials and resources to transfer knowledge, develop skills and change behaviours
• Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
• Evaluate and review current content and establish a system for continuous improvement of our information
• Identify all documentation repositories, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralised storage of information
Your Working Relationships
• Subject matter experts across Isoton
• End-users of our documentation
Your Professional Capabilities
Qualifications / Accreditations
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines
(SFIA – Level 3)
• Maintains knowledge management systems and content to meet business needs.
• Supports others to enable them to complete knowledge management activities and form knowledge management habits. Supports changes to work
practices to support capture and use of knowledge.
• Reports on the progress of knowledge management activities.
• Configures and develops knowledge management systems and standards.
(SFIA – Level 3)
• Produces information artefacts that are accurate, current, relevant and easily understood by the intended audience.
• Clarifies detailed content requirements with clients and representatives of the intended audience.
• Designs, creates, controls and evaluates moderately complex subject matter.
• Makes informed decisions about the best way to present information to an audience. Applies moderation and editing processes to content supplied
Learning Design & Development
(SFIA – Level 3)
• Designs, creates, customises and maintains learning materials and resources to deliver agreed outcomes, and meet accreditation requirements when
• Contributes to the design, configuration and testing of learning environments.
Programming / Software Development
(SFIA – Level 2)
• Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors simple programs/scripts.
• Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
• Reviews own work.
(SFIA – Level 3)
• Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to configuration items.
• Verifies and approves changes ensuring the protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use.
• Ensures that users comply with identification standards for object types, environments, processes, life cycles, documentation, versions, formats,
baselines, releases and templates.
• Performs audits to check the accuracy of the information and undertakes any necessary corrective action under direction.
Portfolio, Programme & Project Support
(SFIA Level 3)
• Provides administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
• Uses recommended portfolio, programme and project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking.
• Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
• Provides guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
(SFIA Level 3)
• Contributes to the collection of evidence and the conduct of formal audits or reviews of activities.
• Examines records for evidence that appropriate testing and other quality control activities have taken place.
• Determines compliance with organisational directives, standards and procedures and identifies non-compliances, non-conformances and abnormal
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise and organise work to deliver timely and efficient outcomes
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills that enable you to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence others effectively
• Motivated and able to work independently under limited direction
• This position is based at Greenhill Road, Eastwood, Australia
• A national criminal history clearance is required
• The right to work in Australia is required
• Employment is subject to the Fair Work Act, 2009 and National Employment Standards
To apply please send a cover letter and CV addressing the key attributes above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave your resume
"*" indicates required fields